ICCF Champions League
1. The ICCF Champions League is a continuous Email Team Tournament of the International Correspondence Chess Federation organized by its Email Tournament Office.
2. All games played in this tournament will be rated by ICCF.
3. The Champions League (CL) will be a championship event played in seasons, comprising several divisions with promotion and relegation.
4. Every CL season will be played under the version of ICCF Playing Rules for team tournaments played normally by Email that is valid on the official start date - downloadable from the official Website at http://www.iccf.com
5. Each team in the CL consists of 4 players, who do not necessarily have to come from the same country; mixed teams are possible. All players must have a working Email address. A player can play only for one team in a season.
6. Every team must have a name, which should be related to CC or chess in general. A team will be allowed to change its name between separate seasons.
7. Each team must determine a Team Captain, who can be a member of the team.
8. A team will be allowed to replace players during the season only with the prior authority of the Tournament Director. If all the 4 players in a team are changed within 2 seasons, then the team will be relegated to a lower division.
9. The CL will consist of 4 divisions, in hierarchical order, with promotion/relegation each season.
The winning team of the top league (Champions League A) will become the 'ICCF Champions League winner' at the end of each season. Before the 4 leagues can be established firmly, a qualification tournament will have to be played:
Afterwards, the actual Champions League will begin with its first season:
Champions League A
Champions League B
Champions League C
Champions League D
10. The tournament is available for everyone (as long as they are members of a full team). New ICCF players will be allocated a rating, but "temporary" rating will only be used for the calculation of the opponents' new ratings. Only when a player has completed 12 ICCF games, will his name appear with an official rating on the next ICCF rating list (calculated and published twice a year: April & October).
If a player has no official ICCF rating at the start of the tournament, his "temporary" rating will be:
New players to ICCF will be regarded as (1800) rated in the qualification round.
11. A season will last for approximately 2 years. Only after one season has been completely finished (after every game has a result) will the new season begin. It is not yet foreseeable whether very long games will need to be adjudicated or whether the start date of the next season, should be delayed a little.
12. How to enter?
When to enter for first year qualification round?
12a. Team entries via ICCF-US
The ICCF-US fee will be $50 per team. (ICCF charges national federations 40 Swiss francs but allows an extra charge for currency fluctuation and processing costs.) Make checks payable to "ICCF-US".
Of course, team entries sent via one federation may consist of players from different countries.
The responsibility for payment of the team entry fee will belong to the Team Captain and should be paid in full to the federation submitting the entry. It is not possible to split the payment of the entry fee.
See form for entering via ICCF-US. New US players (US citizens and residents) must contact the ICCF-US office to have an ICCF number assigned before completing the form.
12b. Team entries via Direct Entry
ICCF will charge USD 60 (approximately 100 Swiss Francs) as the team entry fee for a team entering through the direct entry facility.
A team can enter by completing the online direct entry form located at http://www.iccf.com. Payment is made by credit card.
It is not possible to split the team entry fee. The person submitting the entry (team captain, at least a team member) is responsible for the payment of the total entry fee.
The Team Captain will be responsible for all matters for the team entered, including payment of fees, deciding board order and communicating with TOC/TD.
13. Questions regarding this event should be sent to the ICCF Email Tournament Office Commissioner, Chris Lüers, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2002 ICCF-U.S. All rights reserved.